Most read as ranked by Google Analytics page views.
The State of the Blog is strong as twitter Followers have swelled to 1331 year to date though tempered by slower Blog RSS and email subscriber growth from some 1200 to about 1400 depending on the posting schedule per FeedBurner.
|From First Solar skunk works|
The highlight 2010 accomplishment was my 25th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (25th EU PVSEC) Oral Presentation and paper titled “US PV Market Development in the American Southwest” that I blogged about in 12.8 GigaWatt Utility Scale Photovoltaic Pipeline in the US Southwest, A Tale of Two Utility Scale Photovoltaic Pipelines, and California Non-Residential Solar installs lag.
Here are the Top 10 GUNTHER Portfolio photovoltaic (PV) posts from 2010 as ranked by Google Analytics page views and accurate since moving to the Blog excerpt format.
1. Photovoltaic Conference and Exhibition Preview 2010 – The annual post leads again as folks look for concise, independent conference and tradeshow guidance.
2. Solyndra underperforms in Photovoltaic Module Test – Anything related to Solyndra was popular after the IPO fiasco. The TEC Institute report was later refuted in the number 10 post.
3. Racing to Photovoltaic Grid Parity – at $2 per Watt PV system installed cost.
4. Willard & Kelsey Solar uncloaked by lawsuit – provided a peek at the CdTe (Cadmium Telluride) start-up located in First Solar’s backyard.
5. Making Silicon Metal for Solar – revisited aspects of making metallurgical silicon and PV carbon footprint myths.
6. First Solar skunk works – appears to be cooking up CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium diSelenide) in Sunnyvale, California.
8. Photovoltaics: 9 Trends to Watch in 2010 – will be reviewed in my 2011 update.
9. SoloPower Pre-launches flexible CIGS Photovoltaic Modules – demonstrated the interest in CIGS PV modules even before product availability and certifications.
10. Solyndra refutes TEC-Institut Photovoltaic Module Test Report – reviewed the Solyndra response, report deficiencies, and exposed the ANTARIS SOLAR connection.
An honorable mention goes to Of Silicon Metal, Solar Grade, and PV-1201 clocking in at number 11.
Please see Top 10 GUNTHER Portfolio Photovoltaic Posts of 2009 for last year’s top posts.
I wish everyone a Happy New Year and a Grand 2011 with health, happiness, and prosperity.
(Full disclosure: I own some shares of FSLR stock.)